AV Comparatives publishes list of antiviruses that work well on Windows 11
Antivirus is one of the main pieces of software that we need to have on our computers. However, with the imminent arrival of Windows 11, no company has announced anything regarding its versions for this operating system. Therefore, AV Comparatives, known for its security testing, has released a list of antiviruses that work well on Windows 11.
To do this, they carried out a series of tests with defined criteria, installing antivirus solutions in an environment with Windows 11.
These are the antiviruses that work well in Windows 11
Next October 5th will be the official launch of Windows 11 and while we know Windows Defender will bring, we don’t know the compatibility of other solutions. This is why AV Comparatives tested by bringing popular antiviruses to a clean install of Windows 11. The criteria established for the tests ranged from ease of installation without additional knowledge, to automatic activation of protection. in real time, to the presence of bugs and errors.
Thus, the testers of this work were able to test a set of solutions from which the published list emerges. With this information, you will have the opportunity to upgrade to Windows 11 bringing the antivirus you prefer to the new system.
According to AV Comparatives’ tests, the following antiviruses that work well in Windows 11 are:
- Avast Free Antivirus 21.7.2481
- AVG Free Antivirus 21.8.3202
- Avira Antivirus Pro 184.108.40.2061
- Bitdefender Internet Security 220.127.116.11
- ESET Internet Security 18.104.22.168
- G Data Total security 22.214.171.1246
- K7 Total security 16.0.0556
- Kaspersky Internet Security 126.96.36.1991
- Malwarebytes Premium 4.4.6
- McAfee Total Protection 16.0
- Norton LifeLock Norton 360 188.8.131.52
- Free Antivirus Panda 21.00.00
- Total AV Total security 5.15.69
- Total Defense Essential Antivirus 184.108.40.2065
- Trend Micro Internet Security 17.0.1181
- VIPRE advanced security 220.127.116.11
As we mentioned earlier, none of these manufacturers have made an official announcement for a port to Windows 11. However, as they have tested from AV Comparatives, the listed antivirus works fine in the new version. Windows.