Carahsoft announces Okta and LexisNexis Risk Solutions
RESTON, Va., June 21, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Carahsoft Technology Corp., the trusted government IT solutions provider®today announced an alliance with identity authentication providers Okta and LexisNexis® Risk Solutions to help the government fight cyber fraud. The alliance provides state and local governments with a risk-based authentication solution that is easily scalable, offers versatile authentication choices to minimize user friction, and provides online self-service options to facilitate administration and audit capacity.
Carahsoft’s new vendor vendor, LexisNexis Risk Solutions, joins forces with long-time vendor vendor, Okta. The result is a powerful solution that provides government agencies with a multi-layered approach for optimal identity authentication without interrupting user access to services. Verification of personally identifiable information (PII) is at its heart. The approach starts with strong identity verification and then verifies the identity with strong authentication. The main products of the approach include:
- LexisNexis Risk Solutions leverage information from data assets to digitally determine if the logging in user is genuine.
- LexisNexis® Risk Solutions LexID® matches user records as they move through life and change over time, giving a complete and accurate picture of a person rather than a single snapshot.
- Okta Identity Cloud centrally manages identities at scale and integrates with a multitude of applications, on-premises or in the cloud, through open standards and thousands of prebuilt integrations.
- Okta Adaptive Multi-Factor Authentication enables agencies to align their authentication practices with their internal risk tolerance by determining which authentication factors to apply to a particular user in a particular situation based on contextual usage information and business rules configured by the agency.
- Okta ThreatInsight allows agencies to enable additional protection facilitated by Okta’s cloud model that identifies potentially malicious IP addresses and proactively blocks known threats. This combination helps prevent account takeovers and keeps users in control of their government accounts.
“Through our long-term partnership with Okta and this new partnership with LexisNexis Risk Solutions, Carahsoft and our reseller partners enable government agencies to combat a wide range of fraud from unemployment to social services,” said Craig P. Abod, President of Carahsoft. “We have combined our strengths and expertise to provide the government agencies we serve with an ever-evolving better solution to combat sophisticated cybercriminal networks.”
“Faced with a constant barrage of threats from cybercriminals, it is more important than ever that state and local governments have a modern and secure risk-based authentication solution,” said Maureen Little, vice president, Technology partnerships at Okta. “By working hand-in-hand with Lexis Nexis Risk Solutions, Okta is able to provide the most seamless and secure experiences possible to help combat cyber fraud.”
The alliance builds public trust in government digital services by reducing fraud through:
- Manage identities and access from the cloud, allowing staff to focus on helping constituents in need.
- Once initially verified, providing ongoing identity protection with strong yet simple multi-factor authentication to ensure users are who they say they are.
“Cybercriminals have evolved their tactics throughout the pandemic, and fraud prevention companies must continually innovate and meet the challenge of national and transnational criminal groups. Teamwork is key to meeting the challenge of today’s emerging cyber threats and preparing for future threats to all of our critical government benefit programs,” said Matt Harcourt, Vice President, Channels and Marketing at LexisNexis Risk. Government Solutions.
“Our strategic partnership with Okta and Carahsoft provides government agencies with unparalleled strength to prevent fraud and protect programs with safe, secure, and equitable access to essential government services.”
The alliance enables government agencies to save money by:
- Deliver modern identity solutions that help protect government funds and voter data.
- Create solutions on open platforms that connect to other systems and scale with agency needs.
- Provide solutions with future-proof authentication capabilities.
For more information on Okta solutions and to deliver a superior customer experience without compromising security, contact Carahsoft’s Okta team at (833)-674-3990 or Okta@carahsoft.com.
For more information about LexisNexis Risk Solutions, contact Carahsoft’s LexisNexis team at (703)-871-8548 or IIS@carahsoft.com.
Carahsoft Technology Corp. is the trusted government IT solutions provider®, supporting public sector organizations in federal, state and local government agencies and in the education and healthcare markets. As the main government aggregator® for our supplier partners, we deliver solutions for cybersecurity, multicloud, DevSecOps, Big Data, artificial intelligence, open source, customer experience, etc. Working with resellers, systems integrators, and consultants, our sales and marketing teams deliver industry-leading IT products, services, and training through hundreds of contract vehicles. Visit us at www.carahsoft.com.
About LexisNexis Risk Solutions
LexisNexis Risk Solutions harnesses the power of data and advanced analytics to deliver insights that help businesses and government entities reduce risk and improve decisions for the benefit of people everywhere. We provide data and technology solutions for a wide range of industries, including insurance, financial services, healthcare and government. Based in the Atlanta, Georgia metro area, we have offices around the world and are part of RELX (LSE: REL/NYSE: RELX), a global provider of information and analysis for professionals and companies. Visit www.risk.lexisnexis.com and www.relx.com. LexisNexis Risk Solutions is available through Carahsoft’s OMNIA Partners contract # R191902 and NCPA contract NCPA01-86.
Okta is the leading independent identity provider. Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 7,000 pre-built integrations for application and infrastructure providers, Okta provides easy and secure access for people and organizations around the world, giving them the confidence to reach their full potential. More than 15,800 organizations, including JetBlue, Nordstrom, Siemens, Slack, Takeda, Teach for America, and Twilio, trust Okta to help them protect their employee and customer identities. Okta solutions are available through Carahsoft’s GSA Schedule No. 47QSWA18D008F, SEWP V Contracts NNG15SC03B and NNG15SC27B, ITES-SW2 Contract W52P1J-20-D-0042, NASPO ValuePoint Framework Contract #AR2472, NCPA Contract NCPA01- 86, E&I Contract #EI00063~2021MA , OMNIA Partners Contract #R191902, and The Quilt Master Service Agreement Number MSA05012019-F.