How to Disable Microsoft Defender Antivirus in Windows 11 PC 2022
This tutorial is about how to disable Microsoft Defender Antivirus on Windows 11 PC. We will try our best for you to understand this guide. I hope you will like this blog How to Disable Microsoft Defender Antivirus on Windows 11 PC. If your answer is yes, please share after reading this.
Check how to disable Microsoft Defender Antivirus on Windows 11 PC
Windows Security (formerly Windows Defender and other names) in Windows 11 is Microsoft’s built-in virus and malware protection suite. Windows Security real-time virus protection is enabled by default and we recommend that you leave it that way. However, there may come a time when you need to turn it off. Windows Defender, now renamed Microsoft Defender, is a built-in antivirus designed to protect your PC against malware attacks. But as good as the security program is, the application is not without drawbacks.
With that in mind, disabling Microsoft Defender seems like a useful option for many people. You can disable it according to your personal preferences. You may need to access a known safe file, but it is marked as a threat. Sometimes you want to disable Windows Defender for testing purposes. If you are running an antivirus application, Windows Defender will be automatically disabled. Indeed, your antivirus software will now take care of security.
How to Disable Windows Defender in Windows 10 or Windows 11
- To get started, go to the Start menu search bar, type “Windows Security” and select the Best Match option.
- Click Virus & threat protection.
- From there, click on Manage settings under Virus & threat protection settings.
- Disable the switch under Real-time protection.
- Click Yes in the message and Microsoft Defender will be disabled.
How to Permanently Disable Windows Defender
To do this, you need to use Registry Editor. Another free tool from Microsoft, Registry Editor, is a hierarchical database that keeps track of all of your operating system’s low-level settings. It records software information and settings, user preferences, and even the configuration of their operating systems.
- Interestingly, it can also be used to permanently disable Windows Defender, by modifying Defender-related registry settings. That’s how:
- First, we need to disable the Security Guard application “Tamper Protection”, which is a Microsoft Defender feature that prevents users or malware from changing Windows Defender settings.
- Once you’ve disabled it, open Registry Editor by pressing Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box, type “regedit.msc” and press Enter.
- When Registry Editor starts, type the following path in the address bar and press Enter:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREpoliciesMicrosoftWindows Defender
- Start the ‘DisableAntiSpyware’ file, set the value data to 1 and press enter.
If there is no DWORD file in your case, right-click on the “Windows Defender” folder in the left navigation pane, select “New”, then click on “DWORD Value (32-bit) “. From there, rename the new entry to “DisableAntiSpyware”. Now open the newly created entry to set its value to 1 as shown above. This will disable your Windows Defender. To finalize the changes, all you need to do is perform a quick reboot.
Final Words: How to Disable Microsoft Defender Antivirus on a Windows 11 PC
Hope you understand this article How to Disable Microsoft Defender Antivirus on Windows 11 PC, if your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section linked to this article. And if your answer is yes, share this article with your family and friends.