McAfee Antivirus | What is it, features, functions and more
So we have already talked about how antivirus works on different scenarios, under the same concept. Some software works with very simple and practical methods. Others tend to develop a series of technical tools and features. These two visions can become equally effective. But here’s the thing: what difference would protection software that includes both strategies make? This time we are going to talk about one of the most recognized antivirus tools on the market: McAfee antivirus software. In the future, it will be easier for the user to recognize the practicality of well-founded security methods.
What is McAfee Antivirus?
McAfee antivirus software includes an all-in-one protection system for your devices, including PCs and mobiles. It also establishes a safe and reliable connection by offering practical and complete solutions to the user. The program offers the user a 30-day free trial, which has a full set of tools. These tools can help the user to perform a large number of tasks and operations in a safer environment. This means that the user can easily browse, play online games and apply identity functions to their Internet search.
McAfee Antivirus features
Like any other protection software, McAfee Antivirus comes with a fully functional security package. This includes:
- A award-winning antivirus systemwhich is the backbone of any operation.
- McAfee firewall system.
- password manager for social networks and email accounts.
- A file shredder, which is a cleaning tool which removes unnecessary information.
- Identity monitoring.
- A crew of online security experts.
- Cross-platform compatibility and Secure VPN.
Features of McAfee Antivirus
The McAfee platform has an interesting set of features. For example, there is a monitoring system that ensures faster and wider detection depending on the user’s identity. It also includes a powerful auto-activated VPN and an easy-to-use user package. But what might be the coolest feature is its scoring system for security tasks on its devices. This one is called “Protection Score”
What is Protection Score?
The Protection Score feature can be described as a health check of your online protection, developed by McAfee. Kind of like a dashboard that provides the user with simple steps to improve their security. So, the main purpose of this feature is to let you know how safe you are.
Some of the components of this feature can be explained as follows:
- Measurement of the strength of your online protection, achieved through the use of rapid assessment processes.
- Creation of simple instructions to repair security weak points, taking care of dangerous gaps.
- Personalized feedback function, to develop well-founded online protection.
Along with this set of tasks, Protection Score also has a few indicators, so you can keep it on point. In other words, with the security levels of your device:
- Enabling McAfee Antivirus software on other devices will increase your protection score.
- Running antivirus scans over medium periods will increase your score.
- Scanning the Wi-Fi for connection threats, while also testing the VPN, will increase your score.
- Installing Web Protection – linked to McAfee software – on your favorite browser will increase your score.
- If the user’s email is found in a data breach, most likely the score will go down.
- When a specific set of private information is found, the score can be negatively affected by mishandling it. If the user’s government ID or other financial information is on the dark web, the score may be even lower.
- As part of the security verification process, the user must resolve vulnerabilities identified by McAfee.
Thus, the working process of McAfee Antivirus stands out as a very interactive program. This not only sets a good level of security, but also makes them aware of what they can do online.