New book highlights health challenge after COVID disappears
CoVid has covered the serious challenges of delivering healthcare, but once the pandemic subsides, those issues will once again be in the foreground.
– HL Mencken
In his book Modern Healthcare Delivery: Deliverance or Debâcle? A glimpse of the interior and exterior of distinguished physician Dr.
• Electronic medical record (EMR)
• The organization responsible for care (ACO)
• The failure of
He goes on to identify five key concerns that continue to face the delivery of healthcare today …
• Financial barriers to patient care
• The fee-for-service model
• The practice of defensive medicine with its associated waste
• Excessive administrative costs associated with a multi-payer system
• The lack of a fiscally and politically acceptable form of universal health care.
Although identified separately,