Zscaler and Siemens Partnership Offers All-in-One Solution to Accelerate Secure Digitization of OT Environments
COMPANY NEWS: Zscaler, the leader in cloud security, and Siemens, an innovation leader in automation and digitization, deliver a proven solution, which combines the Zscaler Zero cloud security platform Trust Exchange and Siemens devices to help customers with operational technology (OT) infrastructures accelerate their secure digital transformation initiatives. Offered directly by Siemens, customers worldwide will be able to get Zscaler Remote Access for OT alongside Siemens’ Scalance LPE flexible local processing platform. The new solution enables customers to securely manage, control quality assurance and analyze production OT infrastructure and its applications from any workplace and anywhere.
In today’s hybrid work environment and economy, the need for factory automation, higher production output, and agile workforces for OT environments is greater than ever. . At the same time, factories face more debilitating cyberattacks that can lead to financial and human losses. Z-scale and Siemens recognized that for factory modernization and digitalization to occur, new security approaches, such as zero-trust access, will be added to traditional defense-in-depth strategies. Factories that incorporate zero-trust access capabilities can now reduce their risk while using remote staff or connecting to the internet and cloud, allowing them to take greater advantage of technological innovation that is accelerating production in the factory.
With the extension of Zscaler Private Access for OTPlant personnel, contractors, and third-party workers can securely access plant systems remotely to perform maintenance, monitoring, and other tasks.
“Zero trust principles are incredibly relevant to smart factory initiatives,” said Herbert Wegmann, general manager of digital connectivity and power at Siemens Digital Industries. “Operators are embracing digitalization to bring more automation and intelligence to their production. But it also brings a new dimension of connectivity between the shop floor and the internet.”
“I am delighted that joint Siemens and Zscaler customers now have an integrated and highly secure approach to obtaining and deploying Zscaler Private Access for OT environments directly from Siemens,” said Zscaler CEO, President and Founder. , Jay Chaudhry. “Customers will be able to digitize their factories faster by adding a zero-trust access layer to their OT infrastructure. Our product-to-market collaboration will help ensure that industrial customers can improve plant availability by reducing the risk of remote worker access, while protecting against the influx of cyber threats. they face today.”
Key benefits of the Zscaler and Siemens secure remote access solution include:
• Secure Remote Access to Plants and Machines – CISA recently pointed out that VPNs can contain risks when not updated. Now customers can add a zero-trust layer to traditional defense-in-depth strategies to provide a more secure remote plant access solution.
• Privileged remote access for internal and third-party users – Browser-based access allows authorized administrators to execute commands from remote endpoints to OT systems over secure, fully isolated connections, without it is necessary to install an agent on the OT systems or any software on the user’s terminals.
• Seamless integration into existing OT networks – Docker-based application connectors make it easy to deploy secure remote access to industrial control systems (ICS) and industrial network components.
• OT/IT Convergence – Users can securely converge their OT/IT worlds using Zscaler Private Access for IT/OT access.
• SaaS service via a distributed, multi-tenant security exchange – the first SaaS-based OT remote access solution is powered by Zscaler’s security cloud which has more than 150 data centers worldwide. The result is a highly scalable and stable service. On average, they deliver 200,000 unique security updates per day, block 7 billion threats on average, and ensure the fastest connections between users and assets, supporting factory production, wherever the users.
Customers can experience the solution live at Hannover Messe in Hannover, Germany from May 30 to June 2 at Siemens’ virtual booth and in person.
Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS) accelerates digital transformation so customers can be more agile, efficient, resilient and secure. The Zscaler Zero Trust Exchange protects thousands of customers from cyberattacks and data loss by securely connecting users, devices and applications anywhere. Distributed in more than 150 data centers worldwide, the SSE-based Zero Trust Exchange is the world’s largest online cloud security platform.